Cape Landing 2018 Sauvignon Blanc
2018 Sauvignon Blanc
Margaret River, WA
This crisp single vineyard Sauvignon Blanc has a refreshing palate of stone fruit and melon, balanced by flavours of pear and lime, with subtle tones of creamy French oak. Less than 30 x 6 bottle cases of this extremely popular wine remain for purchase.
- Region Margaret River
- Vintage 2018
- Type White Wine
- Variety Sauvignon Blanc
- Volume 750ml
- Alcohol Volume 13.5%
- Bottling Date July 2018
- Background The 2018 Sauvignon Blanc was our first release and has already been recognised with a medal at the Langton’s 2018 Margaret River Wine Show. The fruit was picked at optimal perfume and flavour, while still preserving the natural acidity.
- Vintage Notes The 2017/18 growing season was kind to us. Rain came at the right times, and mild temperatures meant that ripening was slow and steady. Sunshine and afternoon sea breezes gave us vibrant fruit flavours and natural acidity. Quality and yield this year was exceptional.
- Vineyard Notes Our blocks of Sauvignon Blanc vines are all planted north- south, allowing even sunlight and warmth on either side of the canopy throughout the growing season. The canopy is managed to ensure a perfect balance of shade and light, keeping the fruit healthy and allowing for gradual and controlled development of fruit flavour while retaining the grapes’ natural acidity and minerality. After veraison, the vines are covered with bird netting through to harvest.
- Winemaking Pristine Sauvignon Blanc fruit is harvested in the cold, early hours of the morning. The fruit is de-stemmed, and crushed to press cold, with the low temperatures at harvest and during processing helping to preserve the finer and more delicate aromatics and textures. The juice is separated from the skins as quickly as possible, to avoid any extraction of harsher phenolics, but still yielding a juice of fine texture and focus. After a brief settling, only the clearest juice is racked off lees and the fermentation process begins, with a small percentage fermented on premium French Oak. The ferment is kept cool for its duration, once again helping to preserve and retain the more delicate aromatics and characters of the fruit and growing site. Once the wine is dry, it is racked off its heaviest fermentation solids, with approximately 30% of the wine fermented on premium French Oak and matured sur-lee (on yeast lees) for 3 months, before being returned to stainless steel for blending, light fining, filtration and bottling.
- Tasting Notes This crisp single vineyard Sauvignon Blanc has a refreshing palate of stone fruit and melon, balanced by focus flavours of pear and lime, with subtle tones of creamy French oak.
- Style Class Single Vineyard 100% Sauvignon Blanc
- Colour Pale lime green with hints of mother of pearl.
- Bouquet Jasmine, white pear, gooseberries and lemon zest.
- Palate A crisp entry of white fruits and pristine natural acidity. Generous textures of stone fruit and melon are balanced by focused flavours of pear and lime juice. A finish of quenching minerality, white flowers and subtle creamy French oak tones.