Cape Landing 2019 Sauvignon Blanc
2019 Sauvignon Blanc
Margaret River, WA
This crisp single vineyard Sauvignon Blanc has a refreshing palate of stone fruit, melon and cinnamon, balanced by focused flavours of pear and lime, with subtle French oak tones.
- Region Margaret River
- Vintage 2019
- Type White Wine
- Variety Sauvignon Blanc
- Volume 750ml
- Alcohol Volume 13.2%
- Bottling Date August 2019
- Background Our 2019 Sauvignon Blanc has already been recognised with a medal at the Langton’s 2019 Margaret River Wine Show. The fruit was picked at optimal perfume and flavour, while still preserving natural acidity.
- Vintage Notes The 2019 vintage in Margaret River was very challenging but ultimately very successful. Spring was slow and cool, Summer was moderate with reduced strong solar days and wet weather restricted. The failure of many native tree species to flower led to late season bird and bee pressure but late warmer conditions produced fruit of superb quality despite lower than average yield.
- Vineyard Notes Our blocks of Sauvignon Blanc vines are all planted north- south, allowing even sunlight and warmth on either side of the canopy throughout the growing season. The canopy is managed to ensure a perfect balance of shade and light, keeping the fruit healthy and allowing for gradual and controlled development of fruit flavour while retaining the grapes’ natural acidity and minerality. After veraison, the vines are covered with bird netting through to harvest.
- Winemaking Our pristine Sauvignon Blanc fruit is harvested in the cold, early hours of the morning. The fruit is destemmed and crushed to press cold, with the low temperatures at harvest and during processing, helping to preserve the finer and more delicate aromatics and textures. The juice is separated from the skins as quickly as possible, to avoid any extraction of harsher phenolics, but still yielding a juice of fine texture and focus. After a brief settling, only the clearest juice is racked off lees and the fermentation process begins, with a small percentage fermented on premium French Oak. The ferment is kept cool for its duration, once again helping to preserve and retain the more delicate aromatics and characters of the fruit and growing site. Once the wine is dry, it is racked off its heaviest fermentation solids, with approximately 30% of the wine fermented on premium French Oak and matured sur-lee (on yeast lees) for 3 months, before being returned to stainless steel for blending, light fining, filtration and bottling.
- Tasting Notes This crisp single vineyard Sauvignon Blanc has a refreshing palate of stone fruit, melon and cinnamon, balanced by focused flavours of pear and lime, with subtle tones of creamy French oak.
- Style Class Single Vineyard 100% Sauvignon Blanc
- Colour Pale lime green with hints of mother of pearl.
- Bouquet White pear, grapefruit and freshly cut limes.
- Palate A pristine entry of white fruit and a tensile balance of acidity and fine fruit tannin. Flowers, rockmelon, nectarine and cinnamon drive a palate of purity and mineral persistence.